The holidays are in full swing, and usually this season is fully steeped in tradition. Traditional recipes being passed down are commonplace in this festive time of eating and family gathering. Here is a fun way to add flavorful pizzazz to the holiday turkey.
- 1/2 lb. of boneless, skinless turkey breast cutlets
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp. course ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. coriander
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 stalks of fresh chives, chopped
- Special equipment: You will need to use a grill or grill pan to get the grill marks.
- Rinse turkey cutlets with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Slice each cutlet in half, longways, and slice again, shortways down the center, to make 4 pieces from each cutlet.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge each turkey piece in the flour mixture, and set floured pieces aside, on a single layer on a plate.
- Slice onion in 1-inch sections, keeping the rings intact. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a shallow 12-inch skillet.
- Carefully place each turkey piece in hot oil, working in batches if necessary.
- On medium heat, fry 6-7 minutes per side, or until medium brown.
- Remove turkey pieces from oil and set on a paper towel lined plate.
- Heat a greased grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Place onions on the grill.
- Grill onions for 3-4 minutes on each side, slightly cascading the rings and remove.
- Place fried turkey breast pieces on a platter, and top each piece with grilled onion rings.
- Drizzle olive oil evenly over onion rings.
- Sprinkle chopped chives evenly over the top as garnish.
Savory and delicious, this turkey breast will delight this holiday season. Bon appetit!